Jack is a sports nut. Every morning when he wakes up he has to check espn for the latest scores. He loves to watch sports on TV, his favorites being basketball and football, but he will watch anything sports related. During the school year, he stayed home from school sick one day. I let him watch Rudy, Remember the Titans, and Pistol Pete, he was duly inspired. He has played soccer, basketball, baseball, football, and taken golf and swimming lessons.
It is crazy how fast sports get competitive these days. This next year Jack wants to play tackle football, AAU basketball, and Cal Ripkin baseball. They are all more intense and expensive then the Park & Rec versions, and he is already narrowing down the sports he wants to stick with.
Jack's favorite sport by far is basketball. He spends hours a day playing and just finished up a 4 day camp at CSI.
I have mixed feelings about it all. I like that he is active and having fun and he is quite a natural athlete, but I'm not sure I want my baby playing tackle football. It also gets really time consuming and as I already mentioned expensive.
Jack is so excited to be getting a brother. He is a great big brother to his sisters and I'm grateful that our new baby will have such a great example to look up to.

1 comment:
oh my gosh!! Jack is huge!!
congrats on baby #5...and for it being a boy and for blogging about it!
Post a Comment